Sunday, April 29, 2007

News For Thought

Hopefully a reoccurring post with interesting newspaper articles.

I do not have ADD linked with any other disorder. But, because I would like this to be a resource for other people, and because ADD is often linked with anxiety and depression, and because of the recent events at Virginia Tech, I wanted to provide links to two articles that I thought were interesting approaches to mental health.

First from the New York Times, a story about the woman who started the mental health awareness group, Active Minds, after her brother committed suicide while on leave from college.

And, from the Washington Post an Op-Ed that I link to because of the questions of stigma that it brings up, about the panel being formed in the wake of Virginia Tech.

No comments: